. N a v i g a t i o n .

H O M E

Literary Stuff
My Prose
My Poetry
My Art

. P r o f i l e .

*- Xairylle
*- November 25, 1986
*- Gundam Wing, Naruto, Bleach
*- xairylle@yahoo.com

. A r c h i v e s .

+ June 2006 +

+ July 2006 +

+ August 2006 +

+ September 2006 +

+ November 2006 +

+ December 2006 +

+ March 2007 +

+ October 2007 +

+ February 2008 +

. L i n k s .

H O M E

http://xairylle.deviantart.com

Phoenix Flower Whispers
Art of the Phoenix Flower
Full buffs and heal plz?
Naruto Realm
Pinoy Naruto
Bea Karina
Qreux
Addiction No Jutsu
Heero-Relena Fanfics

Blogger

. C r e d i t s .

Lay-out by Xairylle
Kooh picture is not mine.







Wednesday, June 07, 2006

+ My Gundam SEED Destiny Reaction Paper +

I just finished reading the fifty (fifty-one including final bonus) episode summaries of Gundam SEED Destiny, sequel to Gundam SEED. If you know every Gundam series, you won't be surprised that Gundam SEED Destiny is set in an era (Cosmic Era at that) of what else but war. There are the Gundams, of course, loads of fire power, a whole arsenal of mobile suits in various models, angsting bishonen, freaky bishonen, cool bishonen, pain-in-the-neck bishonen. In short, there are tons of guys in this Gundam installment and they're good-looking, er, play various roles.

First of is Shinn Asuka, the young coordinator whose attitude is a cross-breed between an angsting Kira Yamato and a too determined Athrun Zala. Then there's Kira Yamato, the bishie who we first met in Gundam SEED and the bishie who's really cool in Gundam SEED Destiny. I mean, being an Ultimate Coordinator, who wouldn't? And, of course, Athrun "Alex Dino" Zala (pilots yet another red mech), the now bodyguard of Cagalli Yulla Attha who yet again gets mixed up with the wrong guys and realizes that in the end. Still, he's cute. Hehe. Rey (insert surname here *faint grin*) is a Hotohori-type bishonen who's quiet. For a clone, he's a good-looking one.

As for the bishoujo, well, they're there. Of course, there's the pretty-in-pink Lacus Clyne who actually sang in the middle of a commotion to calm children down. Meer looks like Lacus Clyne but Lacus is Lacus and I can tell the difference because..... Lacus is Lacus!! And there's the now-learning-to-angst Cagalli Yulla Attha (let's count how many times I'll mention "angst" in this review). Stellar Louissier is a Cagalli look-alike in some angles and she is quite interesting because of her being an Extended. I like Lunamaria's (insert her surname here *feeling lazy so I won't search for it now*) hair depending on the angle I see her. Hehe. Talia... Well, Talia's hair defies gravity and if it isn't hair gel that does it, I'll blame her overexposure to zero grav! Period!

AH! I nearly forgot Meiryn... Okay, at first I liked her but walking off with the Athrun Zala like that is a definite no-no so she is not a bishoujo no matter how cute her red pigtails are!! *pouts away* I mean, who does she think she is jumping at him or undressing herself in front of Athrun in the middle of the shower. I just wish she died in the ending. *is now trying to voo-doo Meiryn*

On to the storyline... Okay, we know it's war. What else? Any angsting Kira? No. No angsting Kira. Angsting Athrun exists now as well as angsting Cagalli. Shin is in denial of angsting, thus, redirecting this negative feeling to come out as a negative action instead. Surprisingly, Kira is the one that barely angsts. Maybe because he ran out of angsting power from SEED episodes. *shrug*

It was supposed to be Shin with the lead role but as the story progresses, it begins to focus on Kira and Athrun and relationships between the characters. I like Shin to a certain extent in the sense that... okay, I don't know why but I like Shin somehow. I know he's a big pain in the ass and while I was reading I kept on saying "Crap, Shin!! Crap!! Crap!!" He attacked Kira ruthlessly and blamed stuff on him unreasonably and kept on ranting at Cagalli and kept on dissing Athrun and... and... and... but......... But there are reasons behind Shin's actions so I guess that's why I kind of like him.

As for Athrun and Kira, I've always been a Kira fan so it's Kira over Athrun. I admit Athrun looks a lot whole better than Kira but I still like Kira better. Athrun kind of throws that "Livin La Vida Loca" beam out of him and Kira... Kira's the boy next door.......... Who happens to go SEED mode. After all, Kira is the Ultimate Coordinator so he has to be cute. He's got this really twisted past and really human. Besides, he appeared in SEED Destiny as this really cool, awesome and skilled war veteran. He was just awesome and I could just feel my jaw drop as I read the parts when Kira slashed this and took out that. But my liking towards Athrun hopped up to ten notches as compared to my liking towards him when he was in the SEED series. I mean, check out the new outfit and the shades!! Two years made Athrun Zala an even better bishie!!

*shows everyone her membership to the Kira Physical Fanlisting and the Athrun Physical Fanlisting*

On to relationships...

Since Stellar died, I could assume that he's off with Lunamaria. It's kind of like a Flay-Kira-Lacus relationship except that Lunamaria was no Lacus and Stellar was no Flay. It's just that Shin first hooked up (sort of) with Stellar and then she died (and appeared like a ghost to Shin...wtf...) and then Shin hooked up with Lunamaria and... what the crap!!

*drops Junius Seven on Earth*

I was hoping there would be some development on the Cagalli-Athrun relationship but noooooooooooo... Instead, Cagalli nearly gets married to a purple-haired chicken wuss named Yuna and what does Athrun do?

O_O

Just that.

I mean, your girlfriend nearly got married to some other guy you don't like and you just sit there and think of the war!? I know there are billions of lives to think of but come on, if you're that type of boyfriend, you should get shot down in a Windam in the middle of the battlefield. But, of course, Athrun being the bishie that he is, is excluded from the rule. *innocent whistle*

Wait, wait... Speaking of, I hated the ending that Athrun was walking away with Meiryn. Where was Cagalli? I know she entrusted Athrun to her during the while because "she can't be with anybody" but - what the hell - everything was over. Where on Earth (Orb?) was Cagalli now!?

And why was nearly all the girls chasing over Athrun? (It's the shades. I just know it's the shades. >_<)

Ha! Kira-Lacus holds true and stable! Rejoice with me!! *returns Junius Seven back to orbit*

Speaking of Lacus, at first I hated Meer because she acted like Flay Allster around Athrun Zala. (Yes, I hate girls acting flirty around either Kira or Athrun) But towards the end, I came to feel sorry for her. It was also a bit freaky that she underwent plastic surgery to look like Lacus......... Hmm, well not totally but she kind of resembled Lacus.

Murrue-Mwu was back and is now Murrue-Neo (wasn't it supposed to be Trinity-Neo??? *does a matrix move*) and Mwu La Fllaga doesn't look good with long hair.

Nearly everyone had their counter parts. Shin was a Kira-Athrun cross breed and Talia was like Natarle Bajirule to Murrue. At first I thought the Neo-Rey connection was parallel to that of Raw and Mwu but in the end, I came to know that it indeed was Raw and Mwu.

The story was a bit twisted and I'm not sure if those clips really belonged to where they were. Oh, well, I am running out of words and there is a silent demand for me to turn myself in and go to bed. I will update this small reaction paper and hopefully be able to post a review on my literary blog.

Cheerio!!

*goes SEED mode and flies to bed*
Xairylle || 9:42 PM
(0) comments

Comments: Post a Comment