. N a v i g a t i o n .

H O M E

Literary Stuff
My Prose
My Poetry
My Art

. P r o f i l e .

*- Xairylle
*- November 25, 1986
*- Gundam Wing, Naruto, Bleach
*- xairylle@yahoo.com

. A r c h i v e s .

+ June 2006 +

+ July 2006 +

+ August 2006 +

+ September 2006 +

+ November 2006 +

+ December 2006 +

+ March 2007 +

+ October 2007 +

+ February 2008 +

. L i n k s .

H O M E

http://xairylle.deviantart.com

Phoenix Flower Whispers
Art of the Phoenix Flower
Full buffs and heal plz?
Naruto Realm
Pinoy Naruto
Bea Karina
Qreux
Addiction No Jutsu
Heero-Relena Fanfics

Blogger

. C r e d i t s .

Lay-out by Xairylle
Kooh picture is not mine.







Wednesday, September 20, 2006

+ Ryu Hoshi : My Childhood Hero +




You saw the title right. While nearly every Street-Fighter girl adored Chun Li, I was swept off the floor by Ryu Hoshi. How old was I? I was nearly a first grader when my older cousin introduced me to him via pictures and stories. By the time I was in second grade, I saw Ryu in action in Street Fighter II, knew what a Hadouken was and what a Shoryuken was but didn't actually know how to pull it off properly. I wasn't able to realize it was a down-forward-punch move until I was, hmm, sixth grade? Anyway, I loved Ryu. I was never the girl who loved bishonens just for pretty faces. As a kid, I thought Ryu looked cool. He also had cool moves. And his name was new to my ears. If Ken Masters was supposed to be the pretty boy then I missed that part because even with the 2D graphics of SFII (The picture above is from Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix a.k.a. Pocket Fighter), I still thought Ryu was a bishonen with attitude. Chun Li was the only girl so I liked her next to Ryu. Hehe. When I met Sakura, I liked her, too.

Although I could use Ryu better by the time I got hold of Street Fighter Zero 2, I was still a dumb cow in the middle of the road waiting to be run over by a truck. *gasp!* Yeah, my cousins made minced Ryu meat out of me. It was horrible. My Kuya Niño didn't let me use the Beginner or Easy mode too much because he said I should learn to do it manually. And then my boyfriend kicked my butt in these games (particularly Marvel vs. Street Fighter) and I went like, "All right, that's it! I've seen Ryu's arse get kicked pathetically thanks to me!" My boyfriend looked like a competition to me when it came to stuff like that. Hehe. Yeah, I trained - Hadouken, Shinku Hadouken, Shoryuken, ShinShoryuken and more of the Tetsumaki Senpuukyaku... And combos, yes, mind you. It was at this time I was thankful that I was never "trained" under beginner or easy mode.

The first few times I tried playing the arcade version, some guys bullied me. But sometimes, when I beat another guy, they say the buttons on their panel were malfunctioning or, he was just practicing/not serious... or he was tired or (insert more excuses here). Was it so bad for me to beat them? Come on.......... It took me several months (two or three? ^^) to be able to beat my boyfriend. Yes, it felt so good when I felt my first victory and since then, good grief, have I been improving. And we are now wondering if I'm ruining his reputation.

Look, his girlfriend makes him eat dust. I could do that, too!

Nuh-uh. Don't think so.

My boyfriend is better than me.

But my Kuya Niño is my "Versus Game God".
Xairylle || 7:15 PM
(0) comments

Comments: Post a Comment